Asphalt Reinforcement Grid
KAST Geotextile Grid is used to reinforce asphalt layers. These mesh fabrics made of glass and/or carbon fibers show a high force absorption at low elongation of less than 3%.
Reinforcement grids can be used for various reasons in asphalt and pavement layers:
- Reflective cracking in asphalt and pavements
- Shrinkage cracking in extreme winter conditons
- Underground settlement (pipe trenches) or due to uneven subsoil conditions or paving
- Subsequent settlement of new road construction when widening an existing road.
- Joint covering e.g. bridges/roads
- Cracking due to high traffic loads
- Erosion and sediment control in slope areas